by Rachel Ragg
Well, I have been nominated by the lovely Ordinary Parent (http://ordinary-parent.blogspot.com) for this.
I am most flattered – only I now have to come up with seven secrets. This is harder than I thought it would be, but here goes:
1. I am a complete ignoramus about technology, and it took me about two hours to work out how to insert the little image into this post.
2. I have never watched X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, I’m A Celebrity, Eastenders or any of the other things that normal people watch. So I feel distinctly old ladyish when I don’t know who people are tweeping about, and keep a correspondingly low profile. I dare not even try to pretend.
3. I eat the icing off party-bag cake (I’m not bothered about the spongey bit) then tell the children that said cake has gone missing/gone mouldy and try to fob them off with a Rich Tea biscuit instead.
4. I won’t eat chicken in restaurants for fear of getting food poisoning. Obviously the whole universe would collapse if Mummy were ill for a day.
5. I iron towels. The house is falling apart around us, but I iron towels. It gives me a feeling of control.
6. My cashmere cardy wasn’t really £5.99 in the sale.
7. I read the Daily Mail in cafes. And online. It’s a bit of a compulsion. Don’t tell anyone.
And now I’d like to hear secrets from: